DACS Foundation is registered in England under company no. 09010886 whose registered office is at 33 Old Bethnal Green Road, London, E2 6AA. DACS Foundation is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and is committed to protecting and respecting Your privacy.
You can access and browse the Website without disclosing Your personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is DACS Foundation of 33 Old Bethnal Green Road, London, E2 6AA.
DACS Foundation adheres to principles established under the Act for protecting data relating to individuals. The information You provide to us through the Website is held by DACS Foundation in its contact database and will be treated securely and with sensitivity in accordance with the Act.
Information DACS Foundation may collect about You
Information You give DACS Foundation
You may give DACS Foundation information about You by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with DACS Foundation by telephone, email or otherwise. This includes information You provide when You enter your contact details to make donations via the website and when You report a problem with the Website. The information You give DACS Foundation may include Your name, address, email address, telephone number, job title and Your payment details.
Information DACS Foundation collects through the Website:
To allow our statistics module to determine if a website visitor is unique we use a single tracking cookie called "ss_lastvisit".
You can choose to select or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Uses made of the information
Information You give to DACS Foundation:
DACS Foundation will use this information:
- to carry out its obligations arising from any contracts entered into between You and DACS Foundation and to provide You with the information, products and services that You request from DACS Foundation;
- to provide You with information about other goods and services DACS Foundation offers that are similar to those that You have already enquired about;
- to provide You, or permit selected third parties to provide You, with information about goods or services DACS Foundation feels may interest You. DACS Foundation will send the DACS Foundation newsletter to You by electronic means only if You have consented to this.
- to notify You about changes to DACS Foundation;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your computer.
Information DACS Foundation collects about You:
DACS Foundation will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your computer;
- to allow You to participate in interactive features of the Website, when You choose to do so;
- as part of DACS Foundation’s efforts to keep the Website safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to You about goods or services that may interest You.
Information DACS Foundation receives from other sources:
DACS Foundation may combine this information with information You give to us and information DACS Foundation collects about You. DACS Foundation may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information DACS Foundation receives).
Disclosure of Your information
DACS Foundation may share Your personal information with any member of its group, including but not limited to DACS Foundation subsidiaries, ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
DACS Foundation may share Your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract DACS Foundation enters into with them or You.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist DACS Foundation in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
DACS Foundation may disclose Your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that DACS Foundation sells or buys any business or assets, in which case DACS Foundation may disclose Your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If DACS Foundation or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If DACS Foundation is under a duty to disclose or share Your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Website Terms and Conditions or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of DACS Foundation, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where DACS Foundation stores Your personal data
All information You provide to DACS Foundation is stored securely.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although DACS Foundation will do its best to protect Your personal data, DACS Foundation cannot guarantee the security of Your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at Your own risk. Once DACS Foundation has received Your information, DACS Foundation will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask DACS Foundation not to process Your personal data for marketing purposes. DACS Foundation will usually inform You if DACS Foundation intends to use Your data for such purposes or if DACS Foundation intends to disclose Your information to any third party for such purposes. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing from DACS Foundation, you can exercise this right at any time by contacting DACS Foundation at email@example.com
Access to information
The Act gives You the right to access information held about You. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Last updated: 13 February 2015