Art360 Project Intern
We're looking for an Art360 Project Intern to join the DACS Foundation team. Download the full application pack here, and see below for further details.
The deadline for completed application forms is 5pm on 21 July 2017. Please note that we cannot consider applications received after the deadline. We are happy to receive completed applications by email or post.
33 Old Bethnal Green Road
London E2 6AA
We will be inviting shortlisted applicants to attend interview on the week starting 1 August 2017. We will contact you and let you know if you have been shortlisted for interview.
Art360 is a radical project which offers practical support and strategic legacy consultancy for artists and artists estates. It aims to work with 100 contemporary and modern artists and estates.
The ambition of the Art360 programme is to safeguard the ‘soft’ cultural heritage of significant visual artists which, without modest and timely support, could be lost for future generations.
Art360 is offering artists with guidance on archive management, legacy planning and inventory management (amongst others) from a range of experts in their fields. DACS Foundation is working with artists of different generations, backgrounds and in different fields (photography, sculpture, painting etc.) so that we can pool the knowledge and learning and share this with as many artists as possible at the end of the project. We are working with The Henry Moore Foundation, the Art Fund and The National Archives with advisors from Tate, National Galleries of Scotland and Arts Council England.
Key Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of this role is to be a key envoy for Art360. To work with stakeholders and DACS’ Head of Research and Innovation to liaise with artists for archive management and legacy planning needs, identifying events and fundraising opportunities, and timely reporting in relation to the project.
- Reporting and Administration
- Preparing reports to the DACS Foundation Board
- Preparing reports to the Art360 Advisory Board
- Helping to liaise with Funders in a timely fashion
- When appropriate support in organising an open-submission process, including appointing and co-ordinating the selection committees
- Artist liaison
- Maintaining regular contact with artists and estates.Regularly scheduling in the meetings with participating Art360 artists.
- Arranging meetings that will facilitate the due diligence on and liaising with external consultants to support each artist’s participation (e.g. archivists, photographers, lawyers, conservators)
- Content and Communication
- Working with the Head of Research and Innovation and the Communications team to help select and produce content and media assets for the Art360 website. Working with the Communications team, to support the generation of content, including the creation of the Art360 films and essays for the media blog, and that the project is promoted through dacsfoundation.org.uk and via social media.
- Events and fundraising
- Working with partners to organise a series of workshops and talksand presentations to promote Art360.
- Working closely with DACS’ Head of Research and Innovation and external consultants, the Art360 Project Intern will share responsibility for identifying funding opportunities in both the public and private sectors, and supporting the applications to these.
- Working with DACS’ Head of Research and Innovation to support the development and execution of the organisation’s delivery strategy for Art360.
- Promote and secure a culture of inter-organisational working between DACS and DACS Foundation to maximise operational benefits and ensure knowledge is shared.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the ethos and values of DACS Foundation and act as an ambassador for Art360 in the visual arts.
- To contribute to the overall objectives of DACS and DACS Foundation.
- To demonstrate an understanding of, and a commitment to, equal opportunities and diversity.
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the role.